At Pacific House Hostel, we believe that luxury and affordability are compatible, that the historical and contemporary are excellent bedfellows. We believe that a traveller needs to feel secure, at ease, inspired and instantly at home to have the best possible experience. With all this in mind, we set out to create the new frontier of hostel, for a new era of travel.
Situated in an unparalleled inner city location and housed in an iconic heritage-listed building dating back to 1892, Pacific House Hostel has a rich mixed history as a temperance hotel, city hospital and finally hostel accommodation. Its unique situation grants our guests unfettered access to Sydney’s cultural life, with the city, art galleries and nightlife all within easy walking distance.
Celebrated Australian designer Tamsin Johnson has overseen a top-to-bottom refresh of the hostel’s interiors, in a stylish update that remains sensitive to the building’s origins. Unwind amidst a palette of blues, greens and greys, luxuriate in premium bedding, enjoy the whimsical mural artwork of Tabitha Hope and forge connections that last a lifetime in thoughtfully considered communal spaces.
Brimming with amenity and details to suit the modern traveller, Pacific House Hostel is a truly reimagined hostel experience in our harbour city, and will appeal to urban dwellers, intrepid explorers, designphiles and worldly travellers alike.
A TRULY REIMAGINED HOSTEL EXPERIENCE IN OUR HARBOUR CITY
- A truly historic hostel freshly updated from top to bottom
- A unique inner city location within walking distance to the Sydney’s central business district; close to numerous public transport options for ready access to airports, the harbour, beaches, coastal attractions and everything in between
- Different room types to suit all travelling styles, catering to solo travellers, couples, groups and female only groups, with the flexibility to make private bookings, guaranteeing friends a room together
- Free unrestricted wifi in all rooms and common areas
- Included daily continental breakfast
- Park or city views in all rooms
- Personal bedside lights in all rooms
- Personal bedside USB and charging stations in all rooms
- Towel hooks and full-length mirrors in all rooms
- Secure lockable wardrobes and lockable under bed storage in all rooms
- Amenities blocks on each floor (separate shower blocks for women and men, with each individual shower lockable)
- Spacious accessible bathrooms with showers (on the ground floor)
- Friendly and knowledgeable reception team on call 24/7
- Fully licensed cafe open [7AM - 10PM]
- Communal kitchen open 24/7 and dry food lockers
- Communal laundry with washing machines, dryers, and iron facilities open 24/7
- A communal study/business lounge with free WiFi and charging stations
- An outdoor veranda with seating offering views across the park and city
- A communal lounge room with television offering Netflix and access to all international sports channels
- Free bicycle parking
- Sophisticated QR code enabled security for building and room access and CCTV located inside and outside hostel
- Lift access to all floors
all rooms include
Individual power point & bed light